Missouri Delta Foundation
Missouri Delta Medical Center Foundation was founded in 1992 by the late Jean Collins. The Foundation was established to raise money for the community hospital and to include the community while doing so. Mr. Blair Moran began as the Executive Director in 1994 and retired in 2013. Marcie Lawson was the Executive Director from 2013 – 2017. Amy Alcorn joined Missouri Delta Foundation in 2017 and is the current Executive Director. Due to the dedication of these directors, the journey and positive impact of the Missouri Delta Foundation has been incredible.
Just to name a few of the gracious donations:
- The O’Bannon Family Care Center and O’Bannon Farm land in New Madrid
- 18 dialysis machines along with construction of a dialysis unit (the Sikeston Jaycees helped raise money for this unit),
- The Foundation provides scholarships to future doctors and nurses and encourage them to return to Sikeston and practice at Missouri Delta Medical Center. Most of the scholarships were donated by families who had ties to the medical field in memory of their loved ones.
- The Foundation has also received a deferred gift upon the death of June Barton which entailed farm land and a large cash donation.
- The purchase of the Jolly Building was made possible by being a recipient of the Jolly Estate.
- Support from the employees of Missouri Delta Medical Center is astounding. The employees are some of the largest donors and it’s greatly appreciated.
- A successful Emergency Department Campaign that was fruitful because of the support from the employees at Missouri Delta, the community, grants and the time donated by our volunteers who personally asked community members and businesses to stand tall and support the campaign.
- Mammograms for the under-insured or not insured and plush, spa type robes for Mammography
- C-Arm Chairs
- State of the art Stryker Wheel Chairs
- Medical Scholarships
- Employee Assistance